The Hispanic Heritage Foundation’s Youth Awards program is now accepting applications!
"It's the 20th Anniversary, and every year, the Youth Awards honors Latino high school seniors nationwide, for their accomplishments in the classroom, their community, and excellence in various educational categories, including:
· Business & Entrepreneurship
· Community Service
· Healthcare & Science
· Media & Entertainment
· Technology & Engineering
Recipients will receive a Gold, Silver or Bronze award and will receive up to $3500 in educational grants. All recipients are also eligible to be selected as a National recipient. National recipients receive an all-expense paid trip to the National Youth Awards ceremony.
The deadline to apply is October 15th, 2018, students can apply now at www.hhfyouthawards.com
To be eligible, the applicant must:
· Be currently enrolled in high school and graduating in the spring of 2019
· Have a minimum unweighted 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or 7.5 on a 10.0 scale
· Enroll at an accredited higher education institution in 2019-2020
· Be of Hispanic heritage (includes Spain, Brazil, Philippines)
· Be a U.S. permanent resident, U.S. citizen, or qualify under the DACA
· Attend the regional awards ceremony, travel is at the recipient’s expense
Youth Awards regions include: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Phoenix, Northern California and Washington, DC.
We also have a very special recognition, through the partnership between HHF and Pearson, we will honor and recognize parents/guardians of Youth Award recipients. Youth Award applicants can nominate a parent or legal guardian who has made a significant impact in their academic success.
One parent/legal guardian in each region will be recognized and presented with the Parent Award, followed by the Youth Awards recipient's remarks.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Awards Team
Hispanic Heritage Foundation"