"It's the 20th Anniversary, and every year, the Youth Awards honors Latino high school seniors nationwide, for their accomplishments in the classroom, their community, and excellence in various educational categories, including:
· Business & Entrepreneurship
· Community Service
· Healthcare & Science
· Media & Entertainment
· Technology & Engineering
Recipients will receive a Gold, Silver or Bronze award and will receive up to $3500 in educational grants. All recipients are also eligible to be selected as a National recipient. National recipients receive an all-expense paid trip to the National Youth Awards ceremony.
The deadline to apply is October 15th, 2018, students can apply now at www.hhfyouthawards.com
To be eligible, the applicant must:
· Be currently enrolled in high school and graduating in the spring of 2019
· Have a minimum unweighted 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or 7.5 on a 10.0 scale
· Enroll at an accredited higher education institution in 2019-2020
· Be of Hispanic heritage (includes Spain, Brazil, Philippines)
· Be a U.S. permanent resident, U.S. citizen, or qualify under the DACA
· Attend the regional awards ceremony, travel is at the recipient’s expense
Youth Awards regions include: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Phoenix, Northern California and Washington, DC.
We also have a very special recognition, through the partnership between HHF and Pearson, we will honor and recognize parents/guardians of Youth Award recipients. Youth Award applicants can nominate a parent or legal guardian who has made a significant impact in their academic success.
One parent/legal guardian in each region will be recognized and presented with the Parent Award, followed by the Youth Awards recipient's remarks.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Youth Awards Team
Hispanic Heritage Foundation"