LEADERSHIP * MENTORSHIP * SCHOLARSHIP
2018 Summer Volunteer Program
Registration Now Open!
Come serve as a Volunteer Classroom Assistant in our Summer Enrichment Program by sharing your talents in Rock Band, Orchestra, Dance, Chess, Robotics, Drama, Archaeology, Art, Table Tennis, Sculpture, Science, Math, Spanish, French, Mandarin, Cooking, Gardening...and more!
A link to the Summer Enrichment Program brochure can be found on our website here or browse summer courses in our volunteer opportunity directory.
June 11- July 12, 2018
Monday-Thursday (No Fridays, No July 4)
9:00 am - 1:30 pm --New time!
Field, Franklin, Madison, McKinley, PUSD HQ, San Rafael
9th grade - to adult
Lunch included for Volunteers 18 years and younger
Serve 2 to 5 weeks
**NEW! Volunteer for at least 2 weeks and get a 10% discount on one of our fabulous new high school classes like screen printing, music production, child and pet care (includes CPR cert) and others! High School classes are scheduled as quick but intensive one to two week sessions. Most are at PUSD HQ. Discount good for one year!
**NEW! Adult Leadership Level Volunteers are needed to serve one day a week at a school site for Volunteer Appreciation Day!
**NEW! Roving Garden Volunteers are needed to help in our edible school gardens! Mornings, Monday-Thursday, July 2-12 only.
HOW TO APPLY
1. RETURNING VOLUNTEERS: Log into the "VIC" Volunteer Information Center, sign up for "Summer Program" listed on June 10 of the calendar and update your preferences. Or, fill out a new application.
2. NEW VOLUNTEERS: Complete an on-line Volunteer Application Form here.
3. Download and read the Volunteer Handbook. 2018 Handbook coming soon!
4. Sign and return liability waivers in Handbook or download from VIC. All Volunteers!
5. Submit teacher recommendation found in Handbook. New volunteers only!
6. Attend a 1.5 hour Orientation Mandatory for new volunteers but encouraged for all!
7. Provide proof of negative TB test taken in past 4 years.
Questions? Email Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org
626-396-3625 x 88352