An upcoming webinar: Nov 1, 2017 12:00 PM
Presenter, Jamille Harrell-Sims, PhD This webinar helps develop understanding of the psychological effects and lived experiences of people of color. It examines the nature of racism, how it is institutionalized, and how being exposed to overt and covert racism creates generational trauma. In addition, it explores how hate and bigotry create trauma for those who practice it.
Participants will be able to:
· Understand the concept of race and its derivation
· Identify how racism is institutionalized
· Recongnize the psychological effects of racism on the victim and perpetrator
· Assess and confront their own biases
· Gain a different perspective on the lived experiences of others
· Understand the reality of racial trauma
· Learn some strategies for coping with racism
Click Here to Register!